Washington state governor's race

Anything to do with politics. Keep it courteous!
LT
Site Admin
Chapter:: Chapter 1, Past President
National President

Washington state governor's race

Post by LT » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:54 am

I've deleted this post as it was point out to me that any post by the President of CVI specifically suggesting voting for a particular candidate could be seen as an endorsement by the Organization, even with disclaimers.
LT
National President

"Bother" said Pooh, as he connected at 14,400 bps.

"Be polite, be respectful, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." General James Mattis

storm
Regular
Chapter:: President of Chapter15 Okanogan Valley

Re: Washington state governor's race

Post by storm » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:02 am

Anything political should never be posted here or anywhere that could be taken as CVI organization support. We should stay out of politics altogether as a group.

LT
Site Admin
Chapter:: Chapter 1, Past President
National President

Re: Washington state governor's race

Post by LT » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:05 am

I agree with you Storm when it comes to supporting candidates or parties. Issues, however, may be another question. Some of us for years attended Black Friday which is a lobbying day for motorcycle rights legislation put on by ABATE. There have been other rallies where we go out and show our support for various causes. Second Amendment, veteran's support, etc With the political divisions in our country being so heated up it seems like lately that issues become tied to particular parties. Makes it harder to show up for a rally to support a cause without it being tied to party X and then looking like we support candidate X (which to be fair we might but wasn't the point). I'd say here are the basic rules to follow while wearing your colors or publicly identifying as CVI:

1. Don't post pictures of yourselves with a candidate or at a candidate rally.
2. Don't interview for the news at a candidate rally.
3. Be respectful of other's rights to rally and protest by not being "in your face" about opposing them
4. Do support issues that you think are important but if someone asks, make it clear that you are not there representing CVI
5. Don't drive to a rally and then put your cut on (This is super important because you are then making a point of identifying yourself as CVI instead of just being a biker who showed up)

Add your ideas to the list if you have any.
LT
National President

"Bother" said Pooh, as he connected at 14,400 bps.

"Be polite, be respectful, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." General James Mattis