Initiative 591 and Initiative 594

Anything and everything related to the great equalizer.
LT
Site Admin
Chapter:: Chapter 1
Past President
National Webmaster

Initiative 591 and Initiative 594

Post by LT » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:58 am

Brothers,

Initiative 594, if passed, will make it illegal for you to loan one of your firearms to a friend without going through a dealer and having a background check. It will make it illegal for you to hand a firearm to a buddy at the range so that he can try it out. It will require background checks for ALL firearm transfers, and the definition of transfer is very broad. Five billionaires including Bill Gates, Paul Allen, and Michael Bloomberg have donated significant amounts of money to the campaign to PASS I-594.

The pro-gun alternative, I-591, needs your help. What can you do?

I just donated $50 to their campaign. I challenge you to send them whatever you can. This one is important.

http://wagunrights.org/

Also, make sure you vote (if you aren't registered to vote, now would be a good time), and ask your friends to vote YES on I-591 and NO on I-594. There will be a lot of misinformation over the next two months as the media and the I-594 campaign tell non-gun owners how their initiative will stop shootings. It is up to us to tell the truth and get this travesty defeated.

Remember, YES on 591, NO on 594

Thanks.
LT
Chapter 1
National Webmaster

"Bother" said Pooh, as he connected at 14,400 bps.

"Be polite, be respectful, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." General James Mattis

chopper
Chapter:: Ch15, Pres RC, Past: Ch2 Pres, Road Cpt., RC

Re: Initiative 591 and Initiative 594

Post by chopper » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:30 am

Understand about 594. Is 591 designed to provide us more security for our rights to keep and bear arms, and will it and new regulations? What if neither passes?

LT
Site Admin
Chapter:: Chapter 1
Past President
National Webmaster

Re: Initiative 591 and Initiative 594

Post by LT » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:41 pm

chopper wrote:Understand about 594. Is 591 designed to provide us more security for our rights to keep and bear arms, and will it and new regulations? What if neither passes?
Thanks for asking. Here is some direct language from Initiative 591:
It is unlawful for any government agency to confiscate guns or other firearms from citizens without due process.
It is unlawful for any government agency to require background checks on the recipient of a firearm unless a uniform national standard is required.
These two items are the only language of the initiative. In short, the first says that you have to have a court hearing to get your firearms taken away, and the second says that government agencies can't impose special firearm transfer (background check) regulations that are not required by the federal government (ie the legislature can't pass I-594 to require all sorts of ridiculous background check provisions that are not required under federal law).

I recommend you vote YES.
LT
Chapter 1
National Webmaster

"Bother" said Pooh, as he connected at 14,400 bps.

"Be polite, be respectful, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." General James Mattis