2020 National Rally

This is your place to advertise any events put on by any of the chapters of Combat Veterans International.
OldGoat
Boot
Chapter:: Chapter 11

2020 National Rally

Post by OldGoat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:33 pm

To all,

Combat Veterans International (CVI) 2020 National Rally will be held at the Ocean City State Park from July 17-19, 2020.
We have created a group page on Facebook that will provide information and details of the event hosted by Chapter 11: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2366046693516920/

It is a closed group, so you will need to answer 3 questions to join.
Cheers,

Mark "Old Goat" Lowe
Chapter 11

Semper Gumby -- Always Flexible. No matter how good the plan, someone or something will mess it up. Which means you must always be flexible to accomplish the mission.

OldGoat
Boot

Re: 2020 National Rally

Post by OldGoat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:12 pm

Campground information:

Reservations will open up on October 17. I would highly recommend thinking about reserving on Thursday the 16th.

All hookups are in Loop 4. Thes sites with hookups are 138-156 and 164-173. All other loops and sites in Loop 4 not listed are dry campsites.

Group 1 site is open to any with tents. Please let us know if you are planning on being on the group site.
Cheers,

Mark "Old Goat" Lowe
Chapter 11

Semper Gumby -- Always Flexible. No matter how good the plan, someone or something will mess it up. Which means you must always be flexible to accomplish the mission.

Sprinkles
Regular
Chapter:: Chapter 16, NWRC Secretary, Nat'l Product Sales

Post by Sprinkles » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:35 am

I went down to Ocean Shores and did a little recon myself on this to try and make sure I knew what the good spots were.

Loop 1
This is the area that I liked the most. Loop 1 has spots with plenty of shade, but is set-up in a way that folks can actually socialize and as a group we can be together. You can see your brothers and sisters, and MOST EASILY visit them. Additionally, in the middle is a bit of an open field for further socialization, games and additional room to spread out. This is where Chapter 16 will be. I highly encourage anyone who doesn't need a hook-up to camp here. I will post my spot number when booked, as well as others should I find them out. I have attached a map of the camp ground with the this area highlighted to my post.

To camp the weekend of Nat'l, (starting on a Thursday) we can start to book October 17th (I think that is what Goat Posted). However, those of us with Disabled passes, I encourage you to book the entire week (To allow us to book a bit earlier and to ensure we get spots together) then change your reservation to the days you want. With the pass it shouldn't cost us anything to make that change.

Hope this helps, and it is what I observed when I went down to check it out.
Ocean Shores Map Highlite.pdf
(226.68 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

Trouble
Boot
Chapter:: Chapter 11 Treasurer/Road Captain

Post by Trouble » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:47 pm

As always, folks are welcome to stay wherever they want for National. That's why we are also giving other options with hotels and such. That being said, the host chapter (CH11) did visit the campground and Loop 4 and Group Site 1 was the area we felt would work best for RVs as well as tents. We searched for the area that would allow everyone to be together instead of being spread all over the campground.

Loop 4 is the only area with hookups in the campground and Group Site 1 would allow for all of the tents to be in one area together.

Chapter 11 will be staying in Loop 4 and Group Site 1, as well as, doing breakfast and other events in Loop 4 or Group Site 1 over the weekend.

Again, you are always welcome to stay were you feel is best for your weekend.
Trouble
Chapter 11 Treasurer/Road Captain

“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

LT
Site Admin
Chapter:: Chapter 1, Past President
National President

Post by LT » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:57 am

Thanks for the work that chapter 11 did. I visited the camp ground as well, mostly because I hate being surprised when I arrive and discover that I have the worst campsite in the whole campground. That being said, lots of good options, I think we'll have fun, Ocean Shores is a pretty nice area.

Also, just a quick note on communication. I appreciate that the chapter has set up a Facebook page but please make sure that any information posted is also cross posted here. There are a lot of people that don't use Facebook for various reasons, I understand there are a lot of people who don't use the message board for various reasons but this is the official communication vehicle of CVI so it would be best if we could have as much information as possible posted here as well as there. Thank you.
LT
National President

"Bother" said Pooh, as he connected at 14,400 bps.

"Be polite, be respectful, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." General James Mattis

OldGoat
Boot

Post by OldGoat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:31 pm

Flyer for the 2020 National Rally. Share with your chapter members that don't have internet access.
Attachments
2020 National Rally.pdf
(481.9 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Cheers,

Mark "Old Goat" Lowe
Chapter 11

OldGoat
Boot

Post by OldGoat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:44 pm

A better map of Ocean City State Park.
Attachments
Ocean City State Park Map.pdf
(593.4 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Cheers,

Mark "Old Goat" Lowe
Chapter 11

OldGoat
Boot

Post by OldGoat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 pm

And a reminder to go to the Facebook Group for the 2020 National Rally. I will be shutting down the page due to it is annoying!

You will be asked questions to join the Facebook Group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2366046693516920/
Cheers,

Mark "Old Goat" Lowe
Chapter 11

LT
Site Admin
National President

Post by LT » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:29 pm

OldGoat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:46 pm
And a reminder to go to the Facebook Group for the 2020 National Rally. I will be shutting down the page due to it is annoying!
What page are you shutting down?
LT
National President

"Be polite, be respectful, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." General James Mattis

OldGoat
Boot

Post by OldGoat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:23 pm

LT,

This is the link, but I don't think you can actually go to it.

https://www.facebook.com/RoadCaptainCVI ... _todo_tour

There are groups and pages. Pages are more towards a business purpose. It is very involved and just keeps pining you that you should do this or that. Plus the information was not protected.
Cheers,

Mark "Old Goat" Lowe
Chapter 11

LT
Site Admin
National President

Post by LT » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:40 am

OldGoat wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:23 pm
LT,

This is the link, but I don't think you can actually go to it.

https://www.facebook.com/RoadCaptainCVI ... _todo_tour

There are groups and pages. Pages are more towards a business purpose. It is very involved and just keeps pining you that you should do this or that. Plus the information was not protected.
Thanks. I don't use FB much at all so don't know these things. :)
LT
National President