American egion Scholarship Fund Raiser Needs Your Help

Any event that you wish to post that is not put on by a chapter.
poncho
Boot
Chapter:: cvi5 president

American egion Scholarship Fund Raiser Needs Your Help

Post by poncho » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:52 am

If anyone can or wants to make this (I assume the Tuesday is tomorrow) let me know ASAP to put something together. If anyone kknows how, please post to CVI site.
Thaniks
FU
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 10:32 PM
Subject: Short notice request for help with a fundraiser
To: "paul.flannery.f4@gmail.com" <paul.flannery.f4@gmail.com>

Hi,

My name is Vi Eckert. My husband and I live in Olympia.

Okay...so going to enlist your help with this. I am trying to get the word out to as many local Vets as I can. I know it is short notice, but if we get the word out to enough folks, I think we can make a difference.

Adam Sandoval, and his dog Scooter, are taking two years of their lives to travel the lower 48 raising funds for the American Legion Scholarship Fund. Adam himself never served, and wanted to find a way to honor those who did. He decided to find a way to help the children that the fallen Vets have left behind.

He is visiting every Harley Davidson dealership in the lower 48, and taking donations at every stop. Without exception, 100% of the funds he collects goes to the American Legion Scholarship Fund. He is self funding this trip, and the only way that a donation goes to fund the trip is if someone point blank tells him that this cash is to help you pay for the trip. Otherwise, it all goes to the fund. So far he has raised and donated over $85,000.

Now here comes where we need help. So far, his trip to the Pacific Northwest has been rather dismal donation wise. He is going to be at NorthWest HD in Lacey on this Tuesday morning at 10:00am. He will only be there for about an hour, and then he is off to the next dealership down in Vancouver.

Let's contact every Vet we know, rider or not, and see how many folks we can get out there Tuesday morning to donate. I know it is a work day, but if groups of friends get together and donate, and then if even just one of them can swing by with the donation Tuesday morning, that would be wonderful! I would really love to show him that we in the PNW appreciate what he is doing.

Can you please get this out to everyone that you think would be willing to help? And ask them to pass it on to everyone they know that would help. Let's try to make a difference.

Here is a link to his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ScootinAmerica?fref=ts

Here is a link to his website:

http://www.scootinamerica.com/

Thank you!!!!

Vi Eckert